The Summer School will take place two days before the main conference (August 22 -23)
at the same location.
The Summer School aims to:
- • Provide a setting for participants to receive feedback and guidance on their current research and provide feedback to fellow PhD students;
- • Provide a forum for discussing theoretical and methodological issues of central importance to research on assessment and evaluation;
- • Provide the possibility to participate in specific content and methodology workshops (which will tailored to the participants’ needs if possible);
- • Develop a network of junior and senior scholars in the field of assessment and evaluation across countries and continents;
- • Support junior researchers in their effort to enter the SIG1 research community.
Application to the Summer School
Prospective attendees will be evaluated for their participation in the summer school. This evaluation will be based on the document that applicants need to submit (see the info in the box below). An effort will be made to keep the participating group small to encourage interaction and collaboration. Your learning objectives and needs will be input for the workshops so that, potentially, workshops would be tailored to the needs of a specific subgroup of attendees. Additionally, participants will be asked to present a poster (DIN A0, portrait design) about their research project during one of the Summer School sessions.
Application and registration
Prospective participants will submit their application using the “SIG1 Jure - Summer School” in the ConfTOOL system. First register yourself in ConfTOOL (if you already registered for a submission to the main conference you do not have to register again) and the option to submit your application is the last one listed on the submission page within ConfTOOL. The application should be submitted as a single PDF-file, i.e. only one document can be uploaded. All applications will be evaluated and based on the outcome of this evaluation selected participants will be invited to register as summer school participants. It is therefore key that your application document complies with the queries presented below. In sum, the procedure is as follows: (1) prospective participants submit their application, (2) the application is evaluated, (3) if the evaluation is positive the participant will be invited to register, and (4) participant register for the summer school. Very important: the deadline for submitting your application ends on the 1st of June 2016 (23.59pm Munich local time). Please follow the application template.
The document should contain: